Let's Hear It For The Man(ilow)

Posted on 10:43 PM by Tony Spunk

One of my favorite dudes to cover in my set, is Barry Manilow. The ladies dig some Manilow and that guarantees they also dig me, dig? Now, I can't fathom the attraction of some shriveled, orange dude with a substantial honker, personally, but the geezer did pen some great songs and I aim to use them to my best advantage. Here's a little excerpt from the Las Vegas Sun, regarding one of my performances last month at "Chuckies":

Tony Spunk, not ashamed or encumbered by his bright fuchsia shirt , his quite Sonny Bonoesque mustache or unabashedly glitzy sequined pants, delivered a show full of zaniness, sincerity and Barry Manilow covers that would cause Barry himself to consider hanging up his dancing shoes in defeat. To hear Tony croon the heart-wrenching lament of "Mandy" (she came and she gave without taking) or watch him pound his organ while his feet get artsy to "Copacabana", a person might understandably forget their taxes, their rent, life's little inconveniences, for just an hour as they are transported to a glittering heaven filled with flamenco dancers, champagne flutes and cheap tequila through Tony Spunk's original brand of lounge lizard smoothness.

I think they like me.

How about you, ladies? Do you like me?